We drove a $40,000 Mazda CX-5 that takes on the Toyota RAV4 and Subaru Forester. Listed below are its coolest options.
- The Mazda CX-5 has been up to date for 2019 with the addition of Apple CarPlay and a brand new turbocharged engine.
- The Mazda CX-5 compact SUV competes straight in opposition to the Toyota RAV4, Honda CR-V, Subaru Forester, and Nissan Rogue.
- The bottom 2019 Mazda CX-5 Sport with front-wheel drive begins at $24,350, whereas the top-of-the-line Signature trim begins at $36,890. With choices and costs, our Signature trim CX-5 got here to an as-tested worth of $39,905.
- We have been impressed by the turbocharged CX-5’s bountiful energy, sporty driving dynamics, fashionable design, and high-quality inside.
- Go to Enterprise Insider’s homepage for extra tales.
The Mazda CX-5 is likely one of the hottest choices in what’s arguably probably the most aggressive section of the US auto market. Launched for the 2017 mannequin 12 months, the CX-5 does not promote fairly in addition to the segment-leading Toyota RAV4 and the Honda CR-V, however it’s no slouch.
By means of April, Toyota has bought simply shy of 118,000 RAV4s, whereas Honda has moved about 116,000 CR-Vs. Throughout the identical interval, Mazda bought a decent 47,000 CX-5s.
Final 12 months, Enterprise Insider had the possibility to spend per week with a 2018 Mazda CX-5. We have been impressed by the CX-5’s fashionable design, stellar driving dynamics, and a cabin that felt surprisingly luxurious. Nonetheless, the CX-5 wasn’t fairly good. It’s adequately highly effective, however its customary naturally aspirated four-cylinder engine lacked the punch of a turbocharged unit. On the within, the infotainment system was lackluster.
Learn extra: We drove a $40,000 Mazda CX-5 Turbo to see if it is the proper compact SUV. Here is the decision.
This 12 months, Mazda has made a number of updates to the CX-5, together with the addition of the turbocharged engine from the bigger CX-9 SUV.
Just lately, we spent a while with a 2019 Mazda CX-5 Signature AWD, clad in a stunning Deep Crystal Blue Metallic paint job.
“What Mazda has managed to do is ship, palms down, the best-driving mass-market compact SUV cash can purchase,” We mentioned in our evaluation of the 2019 CX-5. “It is a powerful feat contemplating it is combating for gross sales in arguably probably the most brutally aggressive section of the market the place everybody brings their A-game.”
“And for that motive, if I had $40,000 to spend, the 2019 Mazda CX-5 Signature can be the compact SUV for me,” we added.
The bottom 2019 Mazda CX-5 Sport with front-wheel drive begins at $24,350, whereas the top-of-the-line Signature trim begins at $36,890. All-wheel-drive is a $1,400 possibility on the Sport, Touring, and Grand Touring trims. It is customary on Grand Touring Reserve and Signature trims.
With choices and costs, our Signature trim CX-5 got here to an as-tested worth of $39,905. It is the costliest mass-market compact SUV Enterprise Insider has ever examined.
Here is a more in-depth have a look at its coolest options:
SEE ALSO: We drove a $32,000 Subaru Forester that rivals the Honda CR-V and the Toyota RAV4. Listed below are its coolest options.
FOLLOW US: On Fb for extra automotive and transportation content material!
2. Modern styling: The crossover retains its placing and classy seems, punctuated by the big Mazda company entrance grille and angular headlights.
Not like the entrance finish, the rear of the CX-5 is rounded with brief overhangs.
See the remainder of the story at Enterprise Insider