We drove a $31,000 Nissan Altima to see if it is able to problem the Honda Accord and Toyota Camry. Here is our verdict.
- The Nissan Altima is among the hottest midsize sedans within the US and was solely outsold by the Toyota Camry and Honda Accord.
- The sixth technology Altima is all-new for the 2019 mannequin 12 months.
- Our Nissan Altima 2.Zero VC-Turbo SR FWD sedan is powered by an progressive 248 horsepower, 2.Zero-liter, turbocharged variable compression, four-cylinder engine. The Altima comes commonplace with a standard 2.5 liter, four-cylinder engine.
- We have been impressed by the Altima’s well-designed inside, up to date infotainment system, and progressive engine.
- The bottom 2019 Nissan Altima 2.Zero S FWD begins at $23,750 whereas our mid-grade SR check automotive began at $29,150. The highest-spec Version One VC-Turbo begins at $35,750. With options and choices, our Altima got here to an as-tested value of $30,655.
The marketplace for household sedans within the US is shrinking. In keeping with information collected by Kelley Blue Guide, US midsize sedan gross sales dropped by greater than 16% in 2017. Final 12 months, gross sales fell one other 15.9%.
Nonetheless, the section nonetheless represents an enormous 1.48 million automobiles bought in 2018 or eight.6% of complete auto gross sales within the US.
In brief, there’s nonetheless loads price preventing for right here.
Consequently, Toyota Camry and Honda Accord, the section’s leaders, have each been utterly revamped and are about pretty much as good as they’ve ever been.
Learn extra: We drove a $31,000 Honda Accord and a $39,000 Toyota Camry to see which one is the higher household automotive. Here is the decision.
The Smyrna, Tennessee-built Nissan Altima is the third member of the triumvirate. Nissan bought greater than 209,000 Altimas in 2018. It is a determine bested solely by the Accord’s 291,000 and the Camry’s 343,000 in US gross sales.
The Nissan Altima is all-new for 2019 with the debut of a sixth technology variant.
Lately, Nissan dropped off a brand new 2019 Altima 2.Zero VC-Turbo SR clad in a beautiful Deep Blue Pearl paint job.
The bottom 2019 Nissan Altima 2.Zero S FWD begins at $23,750 whereas our mid-grade SR check automotive began at $29,150. The highest-spec Version One VC-Turbo begins at $35,750. With options and choices, our Altima got here to an as-tested value of $30,655.
Here is a more in-depth take a look at the 2019 Nissan Altima.
SEE ALSO: We drove a $29,000 Honda Perception hybrid that may rival the Toyota Prius. Listed here are its coolest options.
FOLLOW US: On Fb for extra automotive and transportation content material!
The unique Altima debuted in 1992 as a alternative for the outgoing…
… Nissan Stanza sedan.
Each the unique Altima and the Stanza have been associated to Nissan’s Japanese market Bluebird sedan.
See the remainder of the story at Enterprise Insider