VR is not only for players — this is how Audi, Lowe's and Macy's are utilizing it to spice up gross sales and worker coaching (M, WMT, AUDVF, LOW, UPS)
It is a preview of a analysis report from Enterprise Insider Intelligence, Enterprise Insider’s premium analysis service. To study extra about Enterprise Insider Intelligence, click on right here. Present subscribers can learn the report right here.
Digital actuality (VR) presents immersive experiences by which customers can hear, see, and work together with 360-degree digital environments utilizing head-mounted shows (HMDs) and handheld movement units. The know-how has been traditionally related to consumer-facing gaming, however it’s been gaining traction within the enterprise over the previous 12 months.
In truth, firms corresponding to Macy’s, Lowe’s, Walmart, and UPS, amongst others, have all launched new VR applications since 2017. And as extra companies look to faucet the know-how, it will drive enterprise VR and software program income to leap 587% to $5.5 billion in 2023, up from an estimated $800 million in 2018, based on Enterprise Insider Intelligence estimates.
This reveals that retailers and types ought to look into implementing VR as early as potential to raised compete with different trade gamers who’ve began to make use of the tech, particularly in three key areas: gross sales, worker coaching, and product growth. The entire firms talked about above are utilizing VR to in not less than one in every of these areas, enabling them to extend product gross sales, scale back product design prices, or velocity up worker coaching processes, as an example.
Within the VR In The Enterprise report, Enterprise Insider Intelligence explores how VR can present worth to retailers and types in three areas: gross sales, worker coaching, and product growth.
The report begins by discussing potential ache factors the know-how addresses for every use case, inspecting in-depth case research for example how firms have carried out the know-how, and outlining the broader takeaways every use case presents for manufacturers and retailers.
Lastly, it appears at a number of the potential obstacles to additional enterprise adoption and the way each firms and VR incumbents are actively addressing these obstacles.
The businesses talked about within the report are: Audi, Lowe’s, Macy’s, McLaren Automotive, Walmart, and UPS, amongst others.
Listed here are some key takeaways from the report:
- VR allows shoppers in brick-and-mortar shops to make extra knowledgeable purchases, which may improve gross sales conversion charges.
- Manufacturers and retailers trying to ramp up their staff faster ought to think about bringing VR into their coaching processes.
- The tech can shorten manufacturers’ and retailers’ product growth life cycles by reducing down on the time related to constructing costly bodily prototypes.
In full, the report:
- Identifies key VR distributors and system type components for companies to contemplate.
- Discusses key advantages the tech brings companies for his or her gross sales, coaching, and product growth processes.
- Illustrates these key advantages by discussing real-world case research from firms and the takeaways from these implementations.
SEE ALSO: In terms of VR , shoppers are balancing worth level and expertise
Be a part of the dialog about this story »