Totally Charged: “Wonderful automotive”
Totally Charged was current on the presentation and demonstration of the Volkswagen I.D. in South Africa earlier this month and, because it seems, the upcoming electrical VW didn’t disappoint expectations.
The automotive feels already like a manufacturing mannequin (nonetheless wants some refinements), however general plainly Robert Llewellyn may have an opportunity to return to the Volkswagen model after driving 5 totally different Golfs up to now. Effectively, earlier than he switched to the Nissan LEAF and Tesla Mannequin S.
“A unprecedented provide got here by means of, ‘D’you need to drive the VW ID take a look at car in South Africa subsequent week?’ Took a little bit of arranging however we managed, and it was price it. Wonderful automotive, wonderful nation,”
Judging on the passion proven in feedback, the I.D. may change into a brand new best-selling hatchback and Nissan LEAF killer in Europe.
Anticipated Volkswagen I.D. specs:
- about 48 kWh battery (base)
- some 330 km (205 miles) of WLTP vary (base)
- some 450 km (280 miles) of WLTP vary (larger model)
- as much as over 500 km (311 miles) of WLTP vary (high model)
- 7.2 kW or 11 kW on-board chargers
- 125 kW DC quick charging functionality