The mattress on the all-new 2020 Jeep® Gladiator carries far more than simply customary cargo and that’s by design.
Gladiator contains a mattress that may haul a best-in-class payload of 1,600 kilos, however it additionally provides many different facilities truck prospects care about.
Using a body-on-frame design and that includes a five-link suspension system, Gladiator delivers on functionality, with composed on-road driving dynamics, best-in-class towing and Four×Four payload capability.
Gladiator’s body-on-frame design makes use of superior supplies and engineering to be light-weight, but stiff and sturdy, and options an all-new light-weight, high-strength metal body.
When in comparison with Jeep Wrangler Four-door, Gladiator’s body is an extra 31 inches longer whereas the wheelbase is 19.Four inches longer. The longer wheelbase and the mattress’s positioning middle aft of the rear axle centerline permits for higher weight distribution and a extra snug and composed trip when carrying cargo.
“We didn’t need to simply carry a pickup truck and variant of a Wrangler,” stated Mark Allen, Head of Jeep Design, FCA – North America. “We needed to verify it was constructed to suit the wants of what a truck purchaser was in search of past the aptitude that’s inherent in all our Jeep automobiles.”
These considerate, helpful and inventive options positioned all through the mattress embrace:
- The highest of the cargo field was saved low to permit for simple entry over the facet
- An accessible spray-in bedliner
- The imprint of a motorbike tire on the entrance of the field
- Below-rail mattress lighting
- An accessible lined exterior energy supply (400W 115-volt, three-prong)
- Robust built-in tie-downs, together with two that may rotate and fold down for additional house
- An accessible, lockable tonneau cowl
- The brake gentle, which is often positioned on the roof, was built-in into the tailgate deal with as a result of the roof of the Gladiator is detachable
- An aluminum tailgate that has three positions, together with a “weekend warrior” place that enables the tailgate to be partially open to move massive objects, akin to plywood
- The power to simply add Mopar merchandise, akin to a cargo provider, bicycle provider and lockable mattress storage system
- The Jeep identify is displayed proudly in massive font on the again of the tailgate
- Toledo, the house of Jeep and the Gladiator, is acknowledged with a particular stamp contained in the mattress
“That is completely, 100% truck,” stated Elizabeth Krear, mannequin accountable, Jeep Gladiator.
For extra details about the mattress of the Jeep Gladiator and the truck’s different options, go to Jeep.com.