- Samsung lastly unveiled its bold folding smartphone on Wednesday, the Samsung Galaxy Fold.
- The $1,980 smartphone transforms right into a pill when unfolded.
- The Galaxy Fold boasts six cameras, two giant batteries, and a seamless transition from smartphone to pill.
Samsung’s “subsequent huge factor” in 2019 is a really bold new tackle the smartphone: A tool that unfolds from a small smartphone into a much bigger pill.
Having lastly seen the Galaxy Fold in motion throughout a Samsung presentation on Wednesday, we have damaged down the 7 coolest issues about it proper right here:
SEE ALSO: Samsung simply launched a wildly bold, $2,000 foldable cellphone — this is the way it works
1. Let’s begin with the showstopper: Sure, the Galaxy Fold transforms from a smartphone right into a pill.
2. The transition from smartphone to pill is seamless, kind of.
Having opened Google Maps on the smartphone aspect of the Galaxy Fold, the identical app — operating in a bigger type issue to match the pill — opens seamlessly when the cellphone is unfolded.
Samsung calls this “app continuity,” and the idea is de facto easy: Something you begin doing on the smartphone aspect of the cellphone must proceed seamlessly if you open it into pill mode (and vice versa).
In so many phrases, each the smartphone display screen and the pill display screen must mirror the identical computing system. And with the Galaxy Fold, they do.
Just under the amount buttons, on the precise aspect of the Galaxy Fold, Samsung positioned the fingerprint sensor. It is a good answer to unlocking the system no matter whether or not it is folded closed or open in pill type.
See the remainder of the story at Enterprise Insider