Škoda has officially confirmed that the new Skoda Octavia Combi will make its world debut at the most prestigious Auto Exhibit – the Geneva Motor Show starting from March 5th, 2013. The new 3rd generation Octavia Combi has a distinctive class of its own with features likes elegant design, good fuel efficiency, ample space, more functionality, smart safety and comfort systems, the Skoda’s Simply Clever ideas with mid-class features at the compact-combi prices. The other to get world premiere at the Geneva Motor Show is the Škoda Octavia Combi 4×4 which features a newly-built All-Wheel Drive with 5th-generation Haldex clutch. The new Skoda Octavia Combi is loaded with a newly built engine of 3rd generation which is optimized to 17% more economical than the previous generation model. Here the offered engines contains 4 petrol and 4 diesel engines in which the GreenLine Version are highly efficient with fuel economy of 29.41 km/liter[i.e. 3.4 liters for 100 kilometers] and less CO2 emissions of just 89 grams/kilometers. The new Octavia Combi offers more space inside in every aspect, the rear-seat passenger legroom has a highest 73 mm legroom in front of the knees, while the biggest size of boot with 610 liters. The new Combi has a length of 90 mm more and width of 45 mm more than the previous model, while a wheelbase increased by 11 centimeters. In the safety features the new Skoda Octavia Combi offers the Proactive Crew Protect Assistant or the Lane Assistant to keep you inside the lanes, the Front Assistant with City Emergency Braking Function, the Driver and Passengers maximum safety with up-to 9 airbags, the Multi-Collision Brake and the Driver Activity Assistant in which system will alert in case where it sense the driver in a fatigue condition. While on comfort features, it offers the new Adaptive Cruise Assistant which sets a distance automatically from the front vehicle, the Intelligent Light Assistant with a high-beam assistant and the all-new advanced radio and radio-navigation systems. The various Simply Clever features includes :
- The coat rack or the remote fold-down function for the rear-seat backrest.
- The double-sided floor mat and the comprehensive net restraint system.
- There is space for a luggage compartment rollo cover and roof bars under the adjustable and retractable variable boot floor.
- Multiple bag hooks, a waste bin and lots of bottle holders, holder for multimedia devices.
- The ice scraper in the fuel tank opening or the warning-vest holder under the driver’s seat.
- The folding passenger seat makes transporting very long objects much easier.