Silver-based sintering exhibits as much as 10 instances increased lifetime in comparison with solder paste connections in energy biking
Sponsored by Heraeus
Main developments in digital purposes contain operation temperatures above 150 °C, elevated energy density and longer lifetime. This requires a excessive melting temperature and fatigue resistance, improved thermal conductivity and diminished electrical resistivity of the connecting materials.
Silver-based sintering know-how is fitted to excessive operation temperatures attributable to its pure Ag die connect layer. In addition they present wonderful thermal conductivity and on the similar time an extended lifetime in comparison with solder.
The Heraeus mAgic sequence sinter materials is appropriate for energy purposes on DCB (strain sintering) in addition to for lead body packages (non-pressure sintering).
The particular sequence for strain sintering mAgic PE338 (previously ASP338) exhibits an elevated lifetime as much as 10 instances extra in comparison with typical solder in energy biking. As effectively, it requires decrease course of strain in comparison with different sintering supplies.
For non-pressure sintering purposes, sinter mAgic DA295 (previously ASP295) sequence is a lead-free substitute for prime melting level solders. The merchandise can be found for the utilization in semiconductor purposes. These come as print or dispense model and supply excessive thermal conductivity for lead body and LED packages.
Use the Heraeus expertise to search out the very best answer in your die connect utility.
Key advantages of mAgic sinter paste:
- As much as 10 instances increased lifetime in comparison with solder paste
- Relevant from extraordinarily low to high-temperature vary (-55 to 250°C) as a result of stable silver layer
- Pure Ag interconnect for operation temperatures as much as 250°C
- Allows rising of energy density (system value discount) at a complete prices stage akin to solder course of
- Typical thermal conductivity of 150 W/mK and above
- Zero-halogen formulation
- Fewer course of steps attributable to no flux cleansing, no splattering
- Designed to be used in automated processing with industrial tools
- Extensive course of window:
- stencil lifetime nice than eight hours
- each strain and non-pressure sintering obtainable
- variable course of temperatures of 200 – 250°C