The Cupra e-Racer underneath multimedia x-ray
Cupra, the brand new Seat‘s model, takes us on a journey deep contained in the e-Racer, which is the world’s first totally electrical competitors touring automotive, unveiled earlier this yr. The primary races are deliberate for 2020 underneath new ETCR Racing format.
The 3D animation and multimedia x-ray presents four-motor beast with 500 kW of energy, which might do Zero-60 mph in three.2 seconds and can be one of many quickest EV on the race observe. The motors and inverters are positioned between rear wheels:
The battery consist 6,072 cylindrical cells and is large enough for 40 km (25 miles) of driving at full performances:
– A 450 kg battery, the core aspect: It accounts for a 3rd of the automobile’s complete weight and is a problem when growing this mannequin, as defined by the pinnacle of engineering at CUPRA, Xavier Serra: “The battery determines the complete design and place of the remaining components”. It’s situated “as little as potential in order that the centre of gravity is nearer to the bottom and enhances the automotive’s dynamics”, he factors out. This half is made up of 23 panels with a complete of 6,072 battery cells, producing the identical energy as 9,000 cellphones related on the similar time.– No vitality is misplaced; it’s remodeled: This automotive options an vitality restoration system that harnesses vitality from braking and decelerating. The steering wheel of the CUPRA e-Racer has a show panel that the motive force and engineers can monitor and switch a full vary of car efficiency information in actual time whereas driving for environment friendly vitality administration.– Temperature management: On the observe, the technical crew and the motive force himself should know the way to handle the temperature of the parts. This automotive is provided with a bespoke cooling system within the radiator, which supplies cooling in round 20 minutes. “There are three impartial cooling circuits, as every aspect has completely different temperature limits: the battery threshold is 60 °C, the inverters 90 °C, and the engines 120 °C”, factors out Xavier Serra.
Cupra e-Racer specs
- 4 electrical motors (300 kW steady and 500 kW peak) however rear-wheel drive solely
- Zero-62 mph (100 km/h) in three.2 seconds
- Zero-125 mph (200 km/h) in eight.2 seconds
- 168 mph (270 km/h) high velocity
- vary at full performances: 40 km (25 miles)
- 40 minute recharge
- 6,072 battery cells
- battery pack weight: 450 kg
- complete weight: 1575 kg
Right here is video from assessments on the race observe: