Qualcomm's Cellular World Congress bulletins place it as a key driver of widespread world 5G adoption (QCOM)
That is an excerpt from a narrative delivered solely to Enterprise Insider Intelligence Apps and Platforms Briefing subscribers. To obtain the complete story plus different insights every morning, click on right here.
Qualcomm outlined its 5G-enabled future at Cellular World Congress this week, making a slew of 5G bulletins for an array of units, together with smartphones, PCs, VR and AR units (XR), and vehicles.
The newest information helps place Qualcomm as a key driver of widespread world 5G adoption; right here’s how:
- It’s opening the door to a brand new ecosystem of premium cell VR and AR headsets that depend on 5G networks. Qualcomm is pushing for a brand new class of 5G-enabled VR and AR headsets, XR viewers, that mix the most effective options of each tethered and cell headsets. XR viewers will connect with smartphones by leveraging the corporate’s Snapdragon 855 Cellular Platform through USB Kind-C. Qualcomm introduced a handful of worldwide community service suppliers which are supporting the initiative, together with Dash, Telstra, SK Telecom, and others.
- Qualcomm’s facilitating the shift to 5G-powered All the time On, All the time Linked PCs. It revealed that the brand new Snapdragon 8cx 5G Compute Platform might be paired with the newly introduced X55 5G modem to help 5G networks along with legacy 4G LTE, 3G, and 2G networks. Lenovo is ready to be the primary to supply a 5G PC, powered by the Snapdragon 8cx 5G platform, in early 2020.
- It’s unleashing the facility of the related automobile with the primary 5G twin SIM twin energetic (DSDA) 5G platform for the auto . Qualcomm’s new Snapdragon Automotive 5G platform can help mobile vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) and vehicle-to-everything (V2X) communication, enabling automobiles to work together with one another and surrounding infrastructure, respectively. It additionally boasts help for DSDA, permitting each the automobile and driver to every decide their very own impartial community operator subscription. Qualcomm will make pattern chipsets accessible to clients later this week and says it will make its method into automobile manufacturing beginning in 2021.
- Qualcomm’s providing a peek at its industry-first cell platform with built-in 5G. Qualcomm is gearing as much as launch a brand new Snapdragon Cellular Platform with a 5G chip in-built, and expects it to be prepared for business units within the first half of 2020. The built-in resolution is designed to spearhead world adoption of 5G cell units, following the primary wave of flagship 5G units that we count on to see lackluster uptake, by making it seamless and cost-efficient for cell machine makers to create 5G smartphones for any 5G community and area.
Fascinated about getting the complete story? Listed here are two methods to get entry:
1. Join the Apps and Platforms Briefing to get it delivered to your inbox 4x every week. >> Get Began
2. Subscribe to a Premium move to Enterprise Insider Intelligence and achieve instant entry to the Apps and Platforms Briefing, plus greater than 250 different expertly researched reviews. As an added bonus, you will additionally achieve entry to all future reviews and day by day newsletters to make sure you keep forward of the curve and profit personally and professionally. >> Be taught Extra Now
SEE ALSO: 5G AND THE IoT: How the subsequent era of wi-fi expertise will remodel the IoT
Be part of the dialog about this story »