Just few days ago, Mopar ’13 interior teaser image has been revealed by Chrysler Group LLC, now it is officially confirmed that it is the new limited edition – Mopar ’13 Dodge Dart, which is the 4th special edition Mopar-badged model and going to be showcased at the 2013 Chicago Auto Show next week. Inspired from globally appreciated model range – the Mopar ’10 Challenger, Mopar ’11 Charger and the Mopar ’12 300, Mopar is taking the responsibility to manufacture and customized, more to driver-specific, the parts and accessories to give the best performance. The limited edition Mopar ’13 Dart will limited number of production only 500 models in 2013 spring at the assembly center in Belvidere, Illinois. In the engine configuration, the new Mopar ’13 Dodge Dart is equipped with best of powertrain by supplying a 1.4 Litre MultiAir® intercooled turbo engine with a manual transmission, the more details on technical specification will be disclosed tomorrow via live Mopar online coverage. The Mopar has done significant number of upgrades in terms of style, performance and driving dynamics, to tell you some these are, revised performance-tuned exhaust system, premium brake kit with slotted rotors, refined steering-gear calibration for smooth ride, a gloss-black finish with famous Mopar themed Blue stripes covering full car length, a 7 mm lowered suspension with tires 225/40R18 and advanced aerodynamics. While in the exterior body, it has black crosshair grille with 18-inch gloss-black wheels with center cap stylishly showing Mopar logo. On the interior, in the seats, the driver has special attention by equipping the driver seat with the customized elegance from Mopar with Blue leather seat with black accents while the other seats are black with blue accent stitching. The interior elegance is lighten by the floating island bezel which is accented with Mopar Blue paint and lighting as well as light-black chrome and gloss-black elements.
In the technology and features, the limited edition Mopar ’13 includes :
- 8.4-inch navigation screen
- the industry-first wireless charging for smartphones
- a bright sport-pedal kit
- steering wheel with leather-wrapped in blue-stitched pefectly matching with the garnished shifter knob
Auto Press Release 2013
Chrysler Group LLC Introduces New Mopar ’13 Dodge Dart
- Select Mopar parts and accessories outfit new Mopar ’13 Dart
- Performance upgrades include lowered sport suspension, revised steering calibration, sport-tuned exhaust, ground-effects kit, and premium brake kit with slotted rotors
- Custom leather Mopar driver’s seat
- Industry-first wireless charging for smartphones
- 500 numbered units to be built at company’s assembly plant in Belvidere, Ill.
- Limited-edition vehicle to be displayed at Chicago Auto Show
- Mopar ’13 information to go live at http://www.dodge.com/en/2013//dart-mopar13/ tomorrow, Friday, Feb. 1
Mopar-first Features Mopar has introduced numerous industry-first features including:
- Vehicle-information apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication with consumers
- Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals in a DVD and brief user-guide format and first to offer complete vehicle-information kits in Spanish
- Wi-Fi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
- Wireless charging: first to introduce in-vehicle wireless charging for portable devices
- Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to market with a new interactive vehicle tracking device that sends owner a text when vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on pre-set parameters
- 2011 Mopar Challenger Drag Pak: first to introduce a 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car
- Brand-specific customer care telephone lines: first to offer Sunday service hours for customers
- WiTECH: first to support vehicle diagnosis and software updates leveraging off-the-shelf personal computers and a dedicated wireless tool network
About the Mopar Brand
Mopar parts are unique in that they are engineered with the same teams that create factory-authorized vehicle specifications for Chrysler Group and Fiat SpA vehicles — a direct connection that no other aftermarket parts company can provide. A complete list of Mopar accessories and performance parts is available at www.mopar.com.
More than 75 Years of Mopar Mopar (a simple contraction of the words MOtor and PARts) was trademarked for antifreeze product in 1937. The Mopar brand made its mark in the 1960s — the muscle-car era. The Chrysler Corporation built race-ready Dodge and Plymouth “package cars” equipped with special high-performance parts. Mopar carried a line of “special parts” for super-stock drag racers and developed its racing parts division called Mopar Performance Parts to enhance speed and handling for both road and racing use. The brand has expanded to include technical service and customer support.
Auto Press Release Source : Chrysler[Mopar]