Taking advantage of the beating and banging that took place at the Toyota Owners 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race, Joey Logano finished first in the same at the Richmond International Raceway. With the latest victory, Logano has finished in the top ten for the third time at Richmond and also gets his first trip to the Gatorade Victory Lane. While he battled through the final 9 lap run in a graceful way, the spotlight was stolen by an unpleasant incident that occurred after the race wherein Casey Mears and Marcos Ambrose got into an argument which ended up in the latter throwing a hard punch on Mears’ face. Coming back to the race, the start was quite interesting as Kyle Larson, who was leading the race then, was spun by Clint Bowyer. When the race started again, Brad Keselowski took the lead immediately, while Kyle Larson was pushed to the back of the fleet. During the entire race Keselowski, Jeff Gordon and Kevin Harvick dominated the track, with each of them leading the race at some point or the other. With the race progressing towards the final 100 laps, Keselowski and Logano emerged as the best of the lot, with the latter taking the lead and setting a new record for himself. As the race continued, Logano lost the lead to Jeff Gordon. After a couple of cautions, pit stops and just 10 laps to go, Matt Kenseth lead the race once again.
Toyota Owners 400 Top-Ten Finishing Order
- Joey Logano, Ford, 400, $274081.
- Jeff Gordon, Chevrolet, 400, $220211.
- Kyle Busch, Toyota, 400, $187666.
- Brad Keselowski, Ford, 400, $162258.
- Matt Kenseth, Toyota, 400, $159261.
- AJ Allmendinger, Chevrolet, 400, $122448.
- Dale Earnhardt Jr., Chevrolet, 400, $104065.
- Ryan Newman, Chevrolet, 400, $98890.
- Carl Edwards, Ford, 400, $104165.
- Martin Truex Jr., Chevrolet, 400, $116173.