A yr in the past, we created BI Prime as a result of we needed to get previous the PR and buzzwords, persuade inside sources to speak, and determine what precisely is happening inside the businesses you care about.
Quick-forward to at the moment, and hundreds of you might be already studying BI Prime. And the variety of Prime tales continues to extend as we head into 2019.
There have been large scoops about Goldman Sachs, interviews with the world’s greatest traders, and inside tales about what’s actually going behind the scenes at buzzy Silicon Valley firms.
Listed here are 9 of our hottest latest BI Prime tales:
1. ‘We did not study something’: Billionaire investor Stanley Druckenmiller says the subsequent monetary disaster may very well be worse than the final, and lays out the way it would possibly occur
Stanley Druckenmiller — who previously managed cash for George Soros, ran his personal hedge fund, and now oversees a household workplace — mentioned in an unique interview that circumstances had been ripe for a monetary disaster that might put the final one to disgrace.
2. Leaked Andreessen Horowitz information reveals how a lot Silicon Valley startup execs actually receives a commission, from CEOs to Gross sales VPs
BI’s tech reporter Rob Value obtained confidential startup wage info from a prime venture-capital agency. You’ll be able to discover the information within the interactive charts we created.
three. Thoma Bravo, Apttus’ new proprietor, turns to wreck management with companions like Salesforce and faces questions over an exec’s $26 million golden-parachute bundle
BI’s tech-deals reporter Becky Peterson printed a sequence of explosive stories about allegations of sexual harassment on the $2 billion software program firm Apttus.
four. Goldman Sachs simply named its subsequent CEO — listed here are the execs who can be out and in, based on a dozen insiders
We spoke to prime Goldman executives to seek out out who the brand new CEO, David Solomon, would almost certainly flip to for recommendation and who would probably get the chilly shoulder.
5. Meet 2018’s Rising Stars of Wall Avenue shaking up investing, buying and selling, and dealmaking
We compiled a listing of the highest 25 finance leaders below the age of 35, together with these from firms like Goldman Sachs, BlackRock, Apollo, and Galaxy Digital.
6. AT&T has notified a gaggle of sellers who promote DirecTV merchandise that their contracts will finish in December after a horrible quarter for pay TV
BI’s media reporter Abby Jackson revealed that three years after AT&T’s $50 billion acquisition of DirecTV, the telco behemoth continues to be struggling to stabilize that a part of its enterprise.
7. 70-hour weeks and ‘WTF’ emails: 42 staff reveal the frenzy of working at Tesla below the ‘cult’ of Elon Musk
We spoke with 42 Tesla staff about what it is prefer to work at one of many world’s most formidable and controversial firms.
eight. Meet the 30 healthcare leaders below 40 who’re utilizing expertise to form the way forward for drugs
BI got here up with the highest younger leaders engaged in groundbreaking work in healthcare expertise.
9. Uber insiders describe infighting and questionable selections earlier than its self-driving automobile killed a pedestrian
BI’s chief tech reporter Julie Bort spoke to Uber insiders about dysfunction in Uber’s Superior Applied sciences Group, with rampant infighting and stress to catch as much as rivals, points that these staff mentioned proceed to today.
Thanks for studying. Please tell us what you’ll like to see and browse going ahead with an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be a part of the dialog about this story »
NOW WATCH: Bernie Madoff was arrested 10 years in the past at the moment — this is what his life is like in jail