Learn the pitch deck that Uber founder Garrett Camp created for the ride-hailing big again in 2008 – earlier than the corporate grew to become the $120 billion big it's at this time (UBER)
It is a massive yr for Uber.
The primary identify in ride-hailing is arguably the most important IPO of 2019, together with a reported confidential submitting with the highest U.S. inventory market regulator. This has stoked the fires of rampant hypothesis on Wall Avenue, and a few analysts are predicting the corporate may very well be price as a lot as $120 billion.
With such eye-popping numbers, it is tough to recollect a time when the 10-year-old firm wasn’t the juggernaut it’s at this time. Uber presently has greater than 2 million drivers ferrying passengers in additional than 63 international locations.
However again in August 2008, founder Garrett Camp was laying out his dream of a “next-generation automotive service” in a slideshow on his laptop. Little did he know that dream would develop exponentially into an organization that now handles grocery supply, that has a quickly rising on-demand meals supply phase in Uber Eats, and is growing a fleet of self-driving taxis.
As a part of our protection of the genesis of at this time’s profitable corporations, BI Prime took a take a look at how Camp envisioned Uber (then UberCab) 10 years in the past in his authentic pitch deck:
- The core idea was largely the identical: a quick and environment friendly on-demand automotive service that he described because the “NetJets of automotive companies”
- Uber initially wished to display its prospects by solely choosing up members and banning hailing from the road
- All of Uber’s projected use instances, from airport pickup/dropoff to journey to and from eating places, nonetheless maintain up at this time
A few of what Camp specified by the pitch deck not holds up, resembling a couple of of Uber’s projected eco-friendly advantages and the make-up of Uber’s fleet of automobiles.
The remainder of the deck outlines some key factors resembling:
- Plans for surge pricing
- The corporate’s undertaking valuation
- Potential outcomes for the corporate, together with a best-case state of affairs
- Future optimizations
- Advertising concepts
- And extra
BI Prime is publishing dozens of tales like this every day, chock filled with unique content material and business evaluation. Need to get began by studying the total pitch deck?
>> Obtain it now FREE
Be a part of the dialog about this story »