How you should utilize a Visa reward card to buy on Amazon, regardless of it not being instantly accepted
- You should use a pay as you go Visa reward card to make purchases on Amazon, however it’s a must to work across the system to make it occur.
- Amazon is not going to enable cut up funds between reward playing cards loaded onto an account and different cost strategies, so it’s a must to line up the value of your purchases together with your reward card steadiness.
- This is how one can load a Visa reward card onto an Amazon account so you should utilize it to buy with the web retailer.
If Amazon had its approach, everybody would follow Amazon reward playing cards. And whereas an Amazon reward card is a good reward and all, a Visa reward card is even higher — the truth is, a Visa reward card even beats money. Why? As a result of you may’t use an Amazon card on the native pizza restaurant, a gasoline station, or to purchase film tickets, and you may’t use money to buy on Amazon or different on-line retailers.
To make use of a Visa reward card on Amazon, you basically need to trick the positioning into pondering you are merely including one other credit score or debit card onto your account, and never utilizing as reward card in any respect. So earlier than you add the cardboard’s steadiness to your account, that you must make sure that the Visa is prepared for motion.
And notice that you may’t cut up purchases between a present card loaded onto your account and one other cost methodology, so be sure you store with care and your steadiness in thoughts. Or higher but, see the hack on the finish of this text!
Be sure that your Visa reward card is activated and prepared
First, make sure that the reward card has been activated (which ought to have occurred on the time of the sale). You may need obtained a present receipt or a card holder confirming its activated standing, however you may as well simply name the cellphone quantity on the again of the cardboard.
Subsequent, verify the cardboard’s steadiness. That is particularly essential if in case you have already used it, however as reward playing cards usually have activation charges, that $50 card may very well have a $49 steadiness. You may have to know the precise greenback and cent quantity, so do not skip this step!
Loading a Visa reward card on Amazon
To get began, go to Amazon’s homepage in your laptop or pull it up in your cellphone. Many of the steps are the identical, so I will not differentiate — simply know that you may substitute the phrase “Click on” for “Faucet” in the event you’re on a pc as a substitute of a cellular system.
- Go to the “Your Account” web page from the dropdown menu from the three parallel traces on the prime left of the web page (or by hovering over the “Account & Checklist” tab on the prime proper on a pc).
- Faucet the “Handle cost choices” hyperlink.
- Beneath the phrases “Amazon Reward Card,” faucet “Reload your steadiness.”
- Enter within the steadiness on the cardboard within the field prepared “$ Enter an quantity…” then click on “Add a card” down beneath.
- Add the information precisely as proven on the cardboard, which means the cardboard quantity and the “identify,” which can be “A Reward for You” or another brief assertion, and the expiration date.
- Enter the deal with as your individual when prompted (although the cardboard will not be technically tied to any location).
- When subsequent you store on Amazon, make sure that to pick the reward card you simply loaded as your cost methodology — you may determine it by the final 4 digits of the quantity on the entrance.
One other hack for utilizing Visa reward playing cards on Amazon
It is sort of annoying that you may’t use a present card together with one other mode of cost, proper? However you should utilize your card’s steadiness to purchase an Amazon reward card (or code) that you simply give to your self, and that can be utilized for something on the positioning and mixed freely with one other cost methodology.
SEE ALSO: How one can signal out of Amazon from varied gadgets
Be a part of the dialog about this story »
NOW WATCH: Amazon can pay $zero in federal taxes this 12 months — this is how the $793 billion firm will get away with it