iCloud is a good way to maintain your e-mail, contacts, calendar, duties, and photographs synced throughout your Apple units. However what for those who resolve to change from an iPhone to an Android telephone?
Apple doesn’t at all times play good with different ecosystems, however you’ll be able to entry iCloud out of your Android with the appropriate apps.
1. Accessing iCloud Electronic mail on Android
Each Android gadget comes with the Gmail app, and you’ll configure this to entry your iCloud e-mail account.
Right here’s generate an app password to your iCloud e-mail:
- Head to the Apple ID web page and sign up.
- On the Handle web page, search for Safety. Underneath App-specific passwords, click on Generate Password.
- You’ll be prompted to enter an outline for the password, then click on Create.
- Make an observation of the password as you’ll want it in a second.
Subsequent, in your Android telephone:
- Open Gmail and choose the Menu button on the top-left.
- Faucet the account choice arrow and select Add account.
- Enter your iCloud e-mail deal with and the password you simply created, then Subsequent.
Gmail will do the remaining. Moments later, you’ll see your iCloud e-mail account within the Gmail app.
2. Syncing iCloud Contacts to Android
Syncing your contacts between iCloud and Android comparatively easy.
Open iCloud.com in your pc’s browser and log in. Open Contacts and choose the contacts you need to export. Then click on the gear icon, select Export vCard, and save the VCF file to your pc.
Subsequent, switch this information to your Android telephone, both by way of USB or utilizing cloud storage. On Android, open Contacts, faucet the Menu, and go to Settings > Import. Right here, browse for the VCF file and import the contacts.
Word which you could additionally import this VCF file into Google Contacts in your desktop internet browser.
Syncing contacts with this technique is probably the most dependable possibility. Nonetheless, a number of builders have created apps for syncing iCloud contacts with Android. For those who choose to automate contact syncing, attempt one in all these apps. Simply be aware that they haven’t seen updates shortly.
Obtain: SmoothSync for Cloud Contacts ($four) | CardDAV-Sync (Free)
three. Viewing iCloud Calendar on Android
CalDAV Sync, from the identical developer as SmoothSync for Cloud Contacts, is an app that means that you can sync any CalDAV or Webcal calendar to your Android gadget. Whereas not free, it’s effectively well worth the price ticket if you wish to sync up iCloud and Android.
To make use of it:
- Begin by opening icloud.com and signing in.
- Click on Calendar, then choose the calendar you want to sync from the left-hand menu.
- Examine the field labeled Public Calendar, then click on Electronic mail Hyperlink when the WebCal URL seems.
- Ship the URL to an e-mail deal with you’ll be able to entry out of your Android gadget.
- On Android, set up the CalDAV Sync app.
- Gather the e-mail message in your Android gadget and replica the calendar URL.
- Open CalDAV Sync and choose Add Account > WebCal.
- Paste within the URL, click on Subsequent, and regulate the settings as required. Click on Executed when completed.
Your iCloud calendar will now seem in your telephone’s calendar app!
Obtain: CalDAV-Sync ($three)
four. Viewing Apple Notes on Android
Syncing your notes from Apple’s very helpful Notes app to your Android gadget is straightforward, although it does include some limitations.
To sync your notes, open System Preferences in your Mac and click on web Accounts. Choose the Google account that’s related along with your Android gadget.
Right here, you’ll see a number of gadgets which you could sync along with your telephone. By choosing Notes, all the pieces that you just add to the Notes app can be despatched to your telephone. It exhibits up in your Gmail app, underneath a brand new label referred to as Notes.
This has an obstacle: while you sync your notes along with your telephone, they received’t sync with iCloud. In your desktop Apple Notes app, you’ll see that you’ve notes underneath the Google heading and notes underneath the iCloud heading—they don’t get pushed to each.
That is annoying, however you probably have sure notes that you just solely want your telephone, you’ll be able to push them there. The others can again as much as iCloud.
The primary limitation of this technique is which you could’t edit your notes out of your telephone. In fact, you’ll be able to at all times change to Evernote or Google Hold and have your notes out there wherever you might be, on any gadget, to learn and edit.
5. Syncing Apple Reminders on Android
Use Apple’s Reminders app to maintain monitor of your duties? For those who’re utilizing CalDAV-Sync or SmoothSync, you’ll be able to sync them to your Android telephone simply by downloading OpenTasks from the identical developer.
As a result of CalDAV supplies assist for job sync, OpenTasks merely piggybacks on the CalDAV connection arrange by the opposite app to get your reminders. Nonetheless, OpenTasks could be very easy. It doesn’t present numerous additional performance, giving it an identical really feel to the Reminders app in your Mac, iPad, or iPhone.
For those who’re not planning on utilizing CalDAV-Sync or SmoothSync, you’re sadly out of luck. An app that when provided that is not out there. We suggest switching to a different to-do app that syncs throughout all platforms.
Obtain: OpenTasks (Free)
Connecting to Apple iCloud From Android Is Easy
Syncing iCloud and your Android gadget can take a while to get arrange. Nevertheless it’s effectively well worth the effort you probably have e-mail, contacts, calendars, and different information that you just need to sync throughout your numerous units.
These aren’t your solely choices for accessing iCloud on non-Apple units. We’ve proven work in iCloud Drive on any platform.
Picture Credit score: GaudiLab/Depositphotos
Learn the total article: Find out how to Entry iCloud on Android: 5 Ideas and Options