Meet the Peugeot e-208
Peugeot launched specs for the e-208, the primary all-electric mannequin for the model, construct on the eCMP platform. The general public unveiling is scheduled for Geneva, however already at present you may get pleasure from a gallery of inventory pictures.
The Peugeot e-208 – as anticipated – shares its powertrain with the DS Three Crossback E-Tense, however as a result of it’s smaller and lighter, it’s going to get extra vary and faster acceleration. The 50 kWh battery gives 340 km (211 miles) of vary underneath the WLTP take a look at cycle and is roofed by guarantee for Eight years or 160 000 km for 70% of capability. The trunk capability is reportedly equivalent to the standard model.
The electrical motor is rated at 100 kW, which allows it to do Zero-100 km/h (62 mph) in Eight.1 seconds. The brisk acceleration can be particularly welcome in metropolis driving at low speeds. Zero-50 km/h takes simply 2.Eight seconds.
As you may see within the picture, Peugeot put in a CCS charging inlet within the again for as much as 100 kW DC quick charging (80% in 30 minutes). There’s additionally a helpful three-phase on-board charger rated for 11 kW. The French producer didn’t neglect so as to add a warmth pump to save lots of as a lot vary as attainable in winter.
The e-208 can be most likely one of the costly 208 variations in the marketplace. Orders can be accepted from late summer season 2019, whereas the launch is anticipated within the fall of 2019.
Peugeot e-208 specs:
- 50 kWh battery (battery is assured for Eight years or 160 000 km for 70% of its cost capability)
- about 340 km (211 miles) of WLTP vary or 450 km (280 miles) NEDC
- 100 kW and 260 Nm electrical motor
- Zero-50 km/h (31 mph) in 2.Eight seconds
- Zero-100 km/h (62 mph) in Eight.1 seconds
- on-board charger 7.Four kW single-phase or 11 kW three-phase (5 hours recharge)
- 80% quick cost in 30 minutes utilizing CCS DC as much as 100 kW
Photographs and movies:
The standard model for comparability:
ELECTRIFYING ARRIVAL: WORLD PREMIERE FOR ALL-NEW PEUGEOT 208 AND e-208 AT GENEVA MOTOR SHOW 2019
Monday, 25 February 2019
- All-new PEUGEOT 208 and zero-emission PEUGEOT e-208 to be unveiled on the 2019 Geneva Motor Present, with orders open to the general public forward of launch in late Summer time 2019
- 100% electrical e-208 is powered by a 100kW electrical motor and 50kWh battery producing a spread as much as 211 miles (WLTP)
- Charging for the all-new PEUGEOT e-208 will be managed remotely by way of the MyPeugeot app
- All-new PEUGEOT 208 obtainable with a spread of Euro6d petrol and diesel engines
PEUGEOT will unveil the all-new PEUGEOT 208 on the 2019 Geneva Motor Present, with a selection of petrol, diesel and electrical (EV) powertrains set to be obtainable from launch. The zero-emission PEUGEOT e-208 is the primary in a collection of 100% electrical fashions, as PEUGEOT prepares to affect its complete vary by 2023.
ALL-NEW PEUGEOT e-208
With a 100kW electrical motor and a 50kWh battery producing a spread of as much as 211 miles in response to WLTP procedures, the all-new 100% electrical PEUGEOT e-208 comes with three driving modes: Eco, to optimise vary, Regular, optimising consolation, and Sport, permitting the driving force to prioritise efficiency. The battery is roofed by an Eight yr, 100,000 mile producer guarantee.
Distributed underneath the ground plan of the all-new PEUGEOT 208, the 220L battery is positioned to permit most inside area and boot area to be maintained, matching the capacities of the petrol and diesel variations.
Three charging strategies can be found for the all-new PEUGEOT e-208:
- Charging from a home plug: The e-208 fees utilizing a traditional home plug in 20+ hours for an entire cost
- Accelerated cost at dwelling: The e-208 will be charged extra shortly and safely from a devoted charging level which takes roughly Eight hours for a full cost. Authorities subsidies within the UK can be found to assist this
- Speedy recharging at a public terminal: 80% of the car cost will be obtained in 30 minutes** from a 100kW charging station. Speedy chargers will be discovered at most motorway service stations and are being progressively put in throughout the UK
Alongside the choices to cost by these typical means, the all-new PEUGEOT e-208 permits drivers to remotely activate the charging of their automobile by way of the Linked 3D Navigation color touchscreen or by utilizing the MyPeugeot smartphone app.
The MyPeugeot smartphone app will also be used to pre-programme the automobile’s heating, air con and windscreen defrosting. In-car heating has additionally been improved due to:
- Excessive-power heater (5 kW) powered by the HV battery
- Warmth pump and automated temperature management within the passenger compartment. Automobile vary is preserved attributable to improved energy effectivity in comparison with typical local weather management
- Heated seats (in response to model)
PEUGEOT’S EV SERVICES
Supporting motorists trying to make the transition in the direction of electrical, PEUGEOT can be launching new companies to coincide with the arrival of the all-new PEUGEOT e-208. PEUGEOT’s new electrical focussed companies embody:
- A variety of at-home or workplace charging options with a broad selection of apparatus (heavy-duty socket, Wallbox, Good Wallbox, and many others.), a diagnostic service to evaluate the electrical set up and plan for a greater charging resolution and last set up
- Public cost providing by way of Free2Move Companies, together with a cost cross giving entry to public charging factors throughout Europe: drivers are capable of pre-select terminals in response to distance, velocity and value of recharging.
- Journey planner: a visit planning and organisational device for lengthy journeys by way of Free2Move Companies; proposal of the perfect routes bearing in mind the situation of charging stations on the route, despatched to the in-car Linked 3D Navigation
- Mobility Go: prolonged mobility via a cross for a rental inside combustion engine when wanted
- E-coaching: a device within the MyPeugeot app that enables drivers to obtain recommendation on how one can optimise their driving and the vary of all-new e-208
- Serenity: aiming to reassure drivers of their EV discovery course of and allow them to get pleasure from their automobile in full peace of thoughts :
- New digital journey simulators to advertise discovery and viability of the electrical driving on the PEUGEOT web site
- Particular service contracts and road-side help, which can be included in a single finance bundle, to make sure peace of thoughts always
- Battery capability certificates to facilitate car resale with a assure of the car’s battery cost capability
ALL-NEW PEUGEOT 208 PETROL & DIESEL MODELS
PEUGEOT’s new petrol and diesel mannequin 208 has additionally been developed to restrict CO2 emissions. Constructed on the most recent technology CMP platform, the all-new PEUGEOT 208 is 30kg lighter than the earlier mannequin and comes with improved aerodynamics, lowered roll resistance and optimised powertrains. The all-new PEUGEOT 208 comes fitted with cutting-edge Euro6d petrol engines and Euro6d diesel engines assembly the most recent EU emissions requirements.
Full engine vary obtainable for the all-new PEUGEOT 208 petrol & diesel fashions embody:
Petrol, Three-cylinder, 1.2L engines:
- PureTech 75 S&S 5-speed handbook
- PureTech 100 S&S 6-speed handbook or Eight velocity automated
- PureTech 130 S&S Eight velocity automated
Diesel, Four-cylinder, 1.5L engine:
- BlueHDi 100 S&S 6-speed handbook
PEUGEOT DRIVER ASSIST
With Driver Help, the all-new PEUGEOT 208 gives motorists with all the most recent driving aids for a snug and secure journey. Driving aids embody:
- Adaptive Cruise Management, Cease & Go with the Eight-speed automated gearbox (or Adaptive Cruise Management Cease & Go), the latter taking on driving duties in heavy visitors, under 20 mph (30km/h)
- Lane Positioning Help, which helps maintain the automobile within the centre of the lane
- Full Park Help (with the Eight-speed automated gearbox). The system routinely manages steering, acceleration and braking when getting into or leaving a parking area
- Newest technology Computerized Emergency Brake Help (detection of pedestrians and cyclists by day and evening as much as 85mph) and warns of a threat of collision
- Lively Lane Preserving Help with course correction from 40 mph (65 km/h) upwards
- Driver Consideration Monitoring, which detects the driving force’s alertness on lengthy journeys from 40 mph (65 km/h) utilizing steering wheel micro-movement evaluation expertise
- PEUGEOT Smartbeam automated headlight dipping
- Velocity Restrict Recognition and Suggestion
- Prolonged visitors signal recognition (Cease, No Entry indicators)
- Lively Blind Spot Monitoring (with course correction), obtainable from 7mph (12km/h)
- Electrical parking brake
ALL-NEW PEUGEOT 208 DESIGN
The all-new PEUGEOT 208 fashions are designed to convey power into the B-segment. With rigorously sculpted curves and lengthy bonnet, the all-new PEUGEOT 208 presents a classy, sporty exterior. The GT Line and GT fashions characteristic gloss black wheel arch extensions and window surrounds, constructing on the streamlined look of the all-new PEUGEOT 208.
Immediately recognisable, the expressive entrance face of the all-new PEUGEOT 208 options a big chrome grille, the total LED Three-claw headlight signature on the entrance and rear, and iconic PEUGEOT Lion adorned on the entrance bumper. The dynamic type of the PEUGEOT 208 is enhanced by a spread of brilliant and authentic colors together with: metallic Faro Yellow, Vertigo Blue and Elixir Pink.
The seductive all-new PEUGEOT e-208 comes with distinctive and unique touches which embody expertise and modernity: a monogram “e” on the rear quarter panel, the dichroic Lion which adjustments color from totally different angles and a body-coloured chequered entrance grille.
ALL-NEW PEUGEOT 208 ‘JUMP IN’ NEXT GENERATION TECH
Each the all-new PEUGEOT 208 and e-208 characteristic the brand new PEUGEOT 3D i-Cockpit® which gives agile and intuitive driving with a compact multifunction steering wheel, configurable head-up show, capacitive 7” or 10″ HD color touchscreen (in response to model) and the 7 satin chrome ‘piano’ toggle switches. The inside setting will also be personalised with a selection of Eight RGB LED colors.
All driving data will be simply accessed by the 3D digital instrument panel and will also be projected, like a hologram, by way of the color touchscreen.
Technological aids supplied additionally embody TomTom® Site visitors, Linked 3D Navigation and PEUGEOT Mirror Display® performance, suitable with MirrorLink®, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity.
ALL-NEW PEUGEOT 208 INTERIOR
With all key tech accessible within the driver’s subject of view, the cabin is spacious but sensible. All through the vary the dashboard is padded and the central part incorporates a carbon end.
The all-new PEUGEOT 208 additionally gives loads of cupboard space, with three key storage areas across the mannequin:
- Massive storage space underneath the armrest between the entrance seats
- Simple-access tray in entrance of the gear lever
- Concealable cupboard space within the central console that can be utilized for charging a smartphone
The design of the all-new PEUGEOT e-208 GT trim stage is enhanced with Alcantara gray upholstery that includes a 3D technical mesh knit, and 17’ alloy wheels with particular inserts.
David Peel, Managing Director of PEUGEOT UK mentioned: “Our work with the all-new PEUGEOT 208 and e-208 is a superb illustration of how we’re pushing the model ahead to function within the upcoming age of electrical automobiles. Each the usual and electrical model of the all-new PEUGEOT 208 have been developed to be extra economical, environmentally pleasant and sensible for drivers in 2019 and past to present prospects the liberty of selection with out compromise.
“We’re all so excited at PEUGEOT to be constructing in the direction of our aim of a full electrical vary by 2023, and the all-new PEUGEOT e-208 is a superb step in cementing PEUGEOT’s foothold within the ever-growing EV market.”
The announcement of the all-new PEUGEOT 208 and e-208 falls in step with the model’s new #Unboringthefuture ambition, and comes following a just lately launched model signature marking PEUGEOT’s intentions to give attention to EV: ‘MOTION & e-MOTION’.
The all-new PEUGEOT 208 can be unveiled on the 2019 Geneva Worldwide Motor Present, with a web based reservation web site opening on the finish of March, and opening for orders late summer season 2019.
**The charging time might range in response to the kind and energy of the charging station, the skin temperature on the charging level and the battery temperature