Date: 21st June
Kick-off: 01:00 CET
Stadium: Area do Gremio
Uruguay might be looking for a victory in opposition to Japan to progress to the Copa America quarterfinals. Uruguay defeated Ecuador Four-Zero within the opener with Edinson Cavani and Luis Suarez scoring, with Japan misplaced by the identical rating to Chile.
The South People enter because the heavy favourites on this one however have an harm concern that may check them. Inter midfielder Matias Vecino has been dominated out of the rest of the event in a blow to Uruguay. Lucas Torreira is predicted to switch him in midfield.
There have been 16 uncapped gamers in Japan’s squad earlier than the beginning of this summer season’s event, as they’ve taken a completely experimental method to the 2019 Copa America.
Japan misplaced Four-Zero to Chile of their first recreation of the event and will make wholesale adjustments right here. It’s nearly inconceivable to foretell how they may lineup in opposition to Uruguay.
When these two nations final met in October 2018, Japan truly received Four-Three however it could be a shock in the event that they even scored on this event.
Uruguay predicted lineup (Four-Four-2): Muslera; Caceres, Gimenez, Godin, Laxalt; Nandez, Torreira, Bentancur, Lodeiro; Suarez, Cavani
Japan predicted Lineup (Four-Four-2):Osako; Hara, Naomichi Ueda, Tomiyasu, Sugioka; Maeda, Shibasaki, Nakayama, Nakajima; Kubo, Okazaki
Japan have been going and not using a victory in 4 H2H clashes with Uruguay, previous to profitable their most up-to-date assembly in 2018. 4 of the matches featured over Three,5 objectives and noticed either side discovering a well past the opposition’s goalkeeper, whereas no recreation produced beneath 1,5 objectives.
- Uruguay boast a powerful report of their head-to-head battle with Japan, having prevailed in 4 of the seven conferences between the 2 sides (D1 L2).
- Uruguay are unbeaten of their 4 video games up to now in 2019, having saved a clear sheet in every of these fixtures. La Celeste have remarkably netted 14 objectives on this interval.
- In contrast, Japan have didn’t maintain a clear sheet in every of their final 4 video games.
- The Blue Samurai have solely managed to win two of their final six video games (D1 L3), with one of many losses together with their AFC Asian Cup closing defeat.
- Edinson Cavani scored his first Copa America aim within the Four-Zero win over Ecuador. It was his 11th look within the competitors.
*Odds are topic to vary. Discover the newest advisable odds right here.
The publish Copa America: Uruguay vs Japan appeared first on On-line Sports activities Weblog.