- President Donald Trump tweeted Sunday that he would delay scheduled tariff improve on Chinese language items.
- Thus far, the US has imposed duties on $250 billion of Chinese language imports, prompting China to retaliate.
- In December, the 2 sides agreed on a 90-day trade-war truce that postponed a rise of US tariffs from 10% to 25% on $200 billion price of Chinese language items. That settlement was set to run out this coming Friday.
- Chinese language tech shares traded within the US had been gaining floor following the announcement.
President Donald Trump delayed the upcoming tariff improve on Chinese language imports after current commerce talks with between the world’s two largest economies seemed to be making progress.
“I’m happy to report that the U.S. has made substantial progress in our commerce talks with China on essential structural points together with mental property safety, expertise switch, agriculture, providers, foreign money, and lots of different points,” Trump tweeted Sunday. “On account of these very productive talks, I can be delaying the U.S. improve in tariffs now scheduled for March 1.”
It has been practically a yr since President Donald Trump introduced plans to cost a 25% tariff on $50 billion price of Chinese language items, kicking off a commerce struggle between the world’s two largest economies. Thus far, the US has imposed duties on $250 billion of Chinese language imports, prompting China to retaliate.
In December, the 2 sides agreed on a 90-day trade-war truce that postponed a rise of US tariffs to 25% from 10% on $200 billion price of Chinese language items to this Friday. Since then, Chinese language and Trump administration officers have held three rounds of formal talks amongst high-level officers.
Boosted by Trump’s announcement that he would once more delay duties on $200 billion Chinese language items, quite a few Chinese language tech shares traded within the US had been gaining floor. Here is the scoreboard as of eight:51 AM ET:
- Uxin (UXIN): +13.04%
- Nio (NIO): +10.16%
- Huya (HUYA): +9.26%
- Qutoutiao (QTT): +7.11%
- iQiyi (IQ): +6.75%
- Pinduoduo (PDD): +5.37%
- Bilibili (BILI): +5.24%
- JD.com (JD): +5.16%
- Tencent Music (TME):+four.32%
- YY ( YY): +three.89%
- Alibaba (BABA): +2.58%
- Baidu.com (BIDU): +2.29%
- Trump’s commerce struggle is prompting farmers to place off massive ticket purchases, and it is one other signal of the ache the tariffs are inflicting (DE)
Be a part of the dialog about this story »
NOW WATCH: There are critical well being the explanation why you should not eat your boogers