Posted in New Cars
Audi presents the new S3 Sportback, the perfect combination of engineering and technology, delivering class-leading performance and great driving dynamics. The new Audi S3 Sportsback with 5 doors is equipped with turbocharged 4-Cylinder 2.0 Litre TFSI Engine, which has an incredible power to generate a horsepower of 300[221 kilo-Watts] and a best torque of 380 Nm[280.27 lb-ft] which is continuously available between 1,800 to 5,500 rpm. The new S3 Sportsback is available with the remarkable quattro permanent All-Wheel Drive with redesigned multi-plate clutch, which keeps the enhanced acceleration of high-line S3 while sprinting through the corner, specially tackle the extreme conditions of the road like rain or snow. With the advanced technology of dual-clutch transmission mounted on the steering wheel, provides a choice of automatic D and S modes with manual mode. This advanced transmission mode of selection assist the driver to get sportier performance on lower gears, while delivers best fuel economy figures on tall 6th gear. In the optional 6-speed S tronic, the new S3 Sportback take only 5 seconds to accelerate from 0 to 100 km/hour[62.14 miles/hour], while on manual 6-speed transmission, it just takes 5.5 seconds to sprint from 0 to 100 km/hour. It delivers the best maximum, electronically limited speed of 250 km/hour[(155.34 miles/hour]. While on fuel efficiency figures, the 2.0 TFSI delivers an average fuel consumption of 14.49 km/liter[34.09 US miles/gallon], while with the S-tronic manual transmission, it delivers an average of 14.28 km/liter[33.60 US miles/gallon].
Audi S3 Sportsback With Quattor All Wheel Drive
- Standard feature of Audi Drive Select with option of Audi magnetic ride system which conditionally manages the shock absorbers.
- The calipers of the large brakes, which measure 340 millimeters (13.39 in) in diameter up front, are painted black and bear S logos with the option of red color.
- Driving modes with Comfort, Auto, Dynamic or Efficiency modes.
- Featuring 7.5 J x 18 wheels with the low rolling resistance of the 225/40-series tires which assists in reducing fuel consumption.
- The electromechanical enable parking brake governs the rear axle.
- Advanced technology of Electronic Stabilization Control (ESC).
- The S sport suspension and progressive steering for sporty driving and easier steering while parking.
For more information, please read the below given press release.
Audi S3 Sportsback With 6 Speed S Tronic
TOP NEWS Watch a Canine Drive an F1 Automotive in The Chemical Brothers "We’ve Acquired to Strive" Music Video
Auto Press Release 2013 Ingolstadt, 2013-02-13 The new Audi S3 Sportback
- New 2.0 TFSI with 221 kW (300 hp) and 380 Nm (280.27 lb-ft) of torque, but just 6.9 liters per 100 km (34.09 US mpg)
- From 0 to 100 km/h (62.14 mph) in 5.0 seconds
- Five doors for even better functionality
221 kW (300 hp). 380 Nm (280.27 lb-ft) of torque. From 0 to 100 km/h (62.14 mph) in 5.0 seconds. The new Audi S3 Sportback offers best-in-class performance. Its efficiency is also exemplary. The 2.0 TFSI averages just 6.9 liters per 100 km (34.09 US mpg).
The four-cylinder engine in the S3 Sportback has been overhauled. The only thing in common with its predecessor is a displacement of 1,984 cc. Its rated output of 221 kW (300 hp) is available at 5,500 rpm; maximum torque of 380 Nm (280.27 lb-ft) is constantly available from 1,800 to 5,500 rpm. The high-performance four-cylinder engine responds immediately to the driver’s wishes and boasts a sportily sonorous sound. When the Audi drive select system is in dynamic mode, the engine’s power is also underscored acoustically. The 2.0 TFSI provides power and exemplary efficiency alike by relying on many new technologies, ranging from dual injection through the Audi valvelift system and an exhaust manifold integrated within the cylinder head to innovative thermal management. When equipped with the optional six-speed S tronic, the S3 Sportback sprints from 0 to 100 km/h (62.14 mph) in only 5.0 seconds. The six-speed manual transmission needs just five-tenths of a second more. Top speed is electronically governed at 250 km/h (155.34 mph). Launch Control delivers the engine’s power to the road with defined tire slip. The 2.0 TFSI consumes just 6.9 liters per 100 km (34.09 US mpg) on average when paired with the S tronic (7.0 liters [33.60 US mpg] with the manual transmission). This engine thus requires 1.5 liters per 100 km less compared to the previous S3 Sportback.