- Amazon introduced a “record-breaking” vacation season with extra gadgets ordered than ever earlier than.
- Considered one of its best-selling toys of the season was the LOL Shock assortment of dolls, particularly the Glam Glitter sequence.
- Amazon additionally mentioned Lego units, Nerf weapons, and kids’s artwork supplies have been high sellers.
LOL Shock — Amazon had a superb vacation season.
Amazon introduced a “record-breaking” vacation season on Wednesday, noting extra gadgets ordered than ever earlier than. A part of its success got here from the toys clients ordered as presents throughout November and December.
One of many high presents, as highlighted close to the highest of the press launch, was the LOL Shock assortment of dolls, particularly the Glam Glitter sequence. The dolls have grow to be fairly the feeling.
They have been additionally a high vendor over Thanksgiving weekend, and have bought $four billion worldwide as of October. LOL Shock accounted for seven of the highest 10 toys in the US in October and was the highest toy, in line with NPD Group evaluation.
Read extra: A doll with a weird title has grow to be the most important toy of the vacation season by taking on YouTube with unboxing movies
“LOL is the most important factor that we’ve got ever carried out,” Isaac Larian, CEO of MGA Leisure, which makes the dolls, instructed Enterprise Insider in an interview in November. “It is the cuteness, it is the thriller, all the eye to element that we put within the product … the mix of all of this has made this a significant phenomenon.”
Different high toys included a Lego set, a Nerf gun, and kids’s artwork supplies.
This is Amazon’s best-selling toys of the vacation season:
- LOL Shock! Glam Glitter sequence
- Nerf N-Strike Elite Strongarm Blaster
- Melissa & Doug Scratch Artwork Rainbow Mini Notes with Wood Stylus
- Crayola Inspiration Artwork Case
- Lego Creator Mighty Dinosaurs Toy
SEE ALSO: Amazon reveals its best-selling devices of the vacation season as good dwelling tech takes over gift-giving
Be part of the dialog about this story »
NOW WATCH: This fish was bought for $1.eight million — this is why bluefin tuna is so costly