A founding father of Juniper Networks and a co-creator of Apple's Mac working system used this hand-written pitch deck to lift $200 million from SoftBank for his or her new information heart startup
- On Thursday Fungible, an information heart infrastructure startup, introduced $200 million in Collection C funding led by SoftBank Imaginative and prescient Fund.
- The spherical additionally included participation from Norwest Enterprise Companions, Battery Ventures, Mayfield, Redline Capital, and Walden Riverwood Ventures.
- The corporate has raised $300 million because it was based in 2015 by two Silicon Valley veterans: Juniper Networks founder and former CEO Pradeep Sindhu and former Apple engineering govt Bertrand Serlet.
- Sindhu advised Enterprise Insider that he disliked the constraints of a standard pitch deck, and selected to hand-write his presentation on a pill.
- Click on right here for extra BI Prime tales.
Pradeep Sindhu wasn’t making an attempt to face out when he began pitching his new information heart infrastructure startup Fungible in 2015, however his slide deck shortly caught the eyes of a few of Silicon Valley’s greatest buyers.
As an alternative of placing collectively polished slides in PowerPoint or Keynote, Sindhu opted as an alternative to attract them out on a pill earlier than presenting to potential buyers.
“The truth that my slides are hand drawn grew to become a theme,” Sindhu advised Enterprise Insider. “It is not that I needed to face out, however it’s simply how I prefer to work. I do not like PowerPoint as a result of it constraints you. Having the ability to draw by hand permits me to be rather more expressive.”
Sindhu’s technique appears to have paid off.
On Thursday, Fungible introduced $200 million in Collection C funding led by SoftBank Imaginative and prescient Fund. Since 2015, Sindhu and his cofounder Bertrand Serlet have raised a complete of $300 million from Norwest Enterprise Companions, Battery Ventures, Mayfield, Redline Capital, and Walden Riverwood Ventures.
Learn Extra: This is how this founder satisfied Silicon Valley heavyweights Paul Graham and Peter Thiel to take a position $5.eight million in his startup — with out utilizing a pitch deck
“Whenever you had 50 plus conferences with buyers they have an inclination to get blurred in your thoughts,” Sindhu mentioned. “One of many placing issues I keep in mind is listening to ‘Oh boy, you are making an attempt to do one thing huge’.”
Sindhu additionally based Juniper Networks and along with Serlet, a former engineering govt at Apple chargeable for serving to create the Mac working system, got here to the conclusion that present processors could possibly be used to make information facilities extra environment friendly as extra functions depend on more and more advanced math.
The top purpose, Sindhu defined, is to extend the effectivity of edge servers – that’s, the servers which might be bodily closest to the place the person is definitely operating their functions — that are more and more known as on to deal with advanced synthetic intelligence and machine studying duties.
This is the hand-written deck that landed these Silicon Valley veterans $300 million in funding from among the greatest enterprise buyers.
SEE ALSO: Manufacturing startup Carbon raises $260 million to deliver 3D printing to all the pieces from trainers to autonomous automobile sensors