The 2019 NBA Draft is correct across the nook. With just a little over a month of faculty basketball left to guage, in fact it’s time for a 2019 Mock Draft. The NBA workforce order right here relies on the standings courtesy of Tankathon on February 28th.
1. New York Knicks: Zion Williamson, PF, Duke – Zion’s ceiling on each ends of the ground is simply too excessive for him to not go No. 1. He’ll all the time be must-see TV night time in and night time out for not solely the workforce that drafts him, however the whole league. Drafting Zion may also curiosity potential free brokers similar to Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant. The Knicks may also use Williamson as a commerce piece to flip to New Orleans, for Anthony Davis. Both method, I’m simply glad Zion’s knee is okay, and I stay up for him placing on a present subsequent season.
2. Phoenix Suns: RJ Barrett, SG/SF, Duke – Barrett has been nearly as good as marketed this season for Duke, particularly on the offensive aspect of the basketball. RJ can rating in a wide range of methods and is without doubt one of the greatest finishers in all of faculty basketball. The one knock on his sport proper now’s his leap shot, particularly from Three-point land, the place he’s solely capturing 32% from.
Three. Chicago Bulls: Ja Morant, PG, Murray State – Morant’s athleticism makes him one of the electrifying gamers on this Draft. When he isn’t dunking on cats, he’s establishing his teammates to attain, as he presently leads the NCAA in assists. The way in which he assaults the rim jogs my memory of a younger Derrick Rose/ Russell Westbrook. Enjoyable reality, he was Zion’s AAU teammate.
four. Cleveland Cavaliers: Jarrett Culver, SG, Texas Tech – Culver is a man who’s skyrocketing up draft boards. Collin Sexton wants a backcourt mate, and Culver is the scorer he wants, because the SG is averaging 18 PPG. I’m certain the Cavs would even be Cam Reddish and Romeo Langford on this spot, however Culver’s play on the defensive aspect of the basketball places him over the sting right here.
5. Atlanta Hawks: Rui Hachimora, PF, Gonzaga – The Hawks look to have their star PG in Trae Younger, and a few good items in Kevin Huerter, and John Collins. Which is why Hachimora on this spot is smart. Hachimora’s offensive talent set would slot in completely with the fashion of ball they play in Atlanta. He’s 6’eight″, 235-pounds, and might play along with his again to the basket in addition to a risk away from it.
6. Memphis Grizzlies: Cam Reddish, SG/ SF, Duke – Whereas Reddish has all of the bodily instruments to be a star, his Three-point capturing this season has him slipping down some draft boards. Whereas he is named a shooter, Reddish is capturing simply 33% from Three-point land.
7. Washington Wizards: Romeo Langford, SG/ SF, Indiana – Langford is a 6’6″, 215-pound 2-guard that may refill the scoresheet. Whereas he wants to enhance his Three-point capturing, he’s nonetheless averaging 17 PPG as a freshman. With John Wall’s well being points, the Wizards can use as many playmakers as potential.
eight. Atlanta Hawks (by way of Dallas): Nassir Little, SF, North Carolina – Little’s restricted position at North Carolina will not be going to scare off GMs from drafting him as a result of his potential. At 6’6″, 220-pounds, Little can rating in a wide range of methods. The Hawks could be an awesome match for his transition sport.
9. New Orleans Pelicans: Keldon Johnson, SF, Kentucky – Johnson is athletic, has NBA instruments, and initiatives to be a great three-and-D wing (40% 3FG). Can be a great match subsequent with the Pelicans Jrue Vacation.
10. Miami Warmth: Darius Garland, PG, Vanderbilt – With Goran Dragic getting up there in age and Dwyane Wade retiring, it’s time for the Warmth to restock on the guard place. Garland was an electrifying 5-star recruit, and his inventory gained’t be affected by his damage.