On January 14th, 2013, the new 2014 Jeep® Grand Cherokee SRT is showcased in Detroit at the North American International Auto Show[NAIAS] 2013. The new 2014 Jeep® Grand Cherokee SRT has much more refined features, technology and equipment to make it unique in delivering style, luxury and safety while on the other hand it is powered with new 8HP70 eight-speed automatic transmission, to not only generate more power but more performance and efficiency too. In the engine configuration, the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT is powered by 6.4 Litre HEMI® V-8 which is quite capable of producing a horsepower of 470[351 kilo-Watts] at 6000 RPM and a greater torque of 465 lb.-ft.[630 Nm] at 4300 RPM with 8HP70 8-speed automatic transmission with Eco Mode gives comfortable, smooth, much more improved shifting and fuel economy. In the 2014 SRT model, the big 6.4-L engine is fined tuned to produce greater towing capacity of 7200 pounds which is 44% more than the previous model towing capacity of 5000 pounds. In the technology segment, it is equipped with advanced 8HP70 8-speed automatic, which has refined gear shift management which helps in performance, fuel economy and comfortable drive with more technically sound embedded software and hardware to optimize to select the best shift map. Adding to this, 2014 SRT is equipped with ECO Mode Fuel Save Technology with a button on the central stack, which deactivates 4-cylinders when conditions allow. In other advanced technology, it has integrated control strategy which responsible for electronic stability control interaction and temperature & vehicle speed control.
In the safety features, 2014 Grand Cherokee SRT has new Uconnect Access feature with connected cellular technology to directly contact the local 9-1-1 service personnel with no interference of the call-center operators. While on traffic safety features, it is equipped with advanced Forward Collision Warning to alert the driver for quick in-coming traffic and a Blind-spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Path detection to assist drivers while switching lanes or in the situation of parking-lot. In addition to this, it has provided with class-leading braking system, which has outstanding performance when it comes to stop-down from a speed of 60 miles/hour, where it takes only 116 feet to stop. The brake system is loaded with red painted, front Brembo 6-piston calipers, rear 4-piston calipers, all 4 corners with vented rotors having front 15 inches and rear 13.8 inches. The 2014 Grand Cherokee SRT exterior has a stylish sportier look integrated with advanced aerodynamics features. The exterior features include :
- rear spoiler are aerodynamically efficient
- slim and adaptive bi-xenon headlamps with distinctive black background and surrounded by signature LED character lamp
- larger tail lamps with signature LED lighting
- in the side a new Grand Cherokee badge
- new positioned stylish headlamp washers into the headlamp housing
- available with in these dynamic colors – Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat, Bright White Clear Coat, Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat, Deep Cherry Red Pearl Coat, Granite Crystal Pearl Coat, Maximum Steel Metallic Clear Coat and Redline Pearl Clear Coat.
The 2014 Grand Cherokee SRT has redefined interior with elegance inside :
- SRT Laguna leather interior has the choice of 2 unique colors: Torque[black] and a new Sepia combination.
- activating the 8-speed automatic transmission using a leather-wrapped T-handle shifter which 2 modes while driving – Sports Mode and Drive Mode.
- revised SRT-exclusive heated 3-spoke steering wheel for more comfortable and efficient ride.
- new Uconnect 8.4AN radio touchscreen.
- a color screen display of 8.4-inch to provide information on recent track times, lateral acceleration info, 0-60 mph times info, integrated Uconnect Access Via Mobile to access apps Aha, iHeart, Pandora and Slacker, bing internet search, cloud technology based voice texting using natural speech.
- real carbon fiber trim accent at the instrument panel, front passenger door and driver’s door.
- Available 825-watt, 19-speaker premium SRT performance audio surround-sound system from Harman Kardon
Video Gallery New 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT, Grand Cherokee and Compass at NAIAS 2013 Auto Press Release 2013
2014 Jeep® Grand Cherokee SRT: A Powerful Performer Cloaked in Luxurious and Muscular Skin
- New eight-speed automatic transmission delivers smoother, more refined shifting and improved fuel economy
- Innovative Eco Mode optimizes new transmission’s shift schedule and expands range of Fuel Saver Technology activation for further fuel economy gains
- Towing capacity rating improved 44 percent, up to 7,200 pounds
- Improved and retuned Selec-Track system delivers more torque to the rear wheels in Track Mode for optimal rear-wheel-drive characteristics
- New, standard launch control delivers enhanced and consistent acceleration performance
- Aggressive, upscale exterior appearance enriched with new signature LED lighting
- Luxurious interior offers new levels of advanced user-friendly technology and connectivity highlighted by an 8.4-inch touchscreen that accommodates SRT’s exclusive Performance Pages, plus a 7-inch programmable multiview gauge cluster
- All-new Uconnect Access Via Mobile streams preferred music into the vehicle via smartphone
- Introducing breakthrough cloud-based voice texting and Bing connected search via Uconnect Access
- Enables direct, one-touch connections with local 9-1-1 service providers, roadside assistance dispatchers and Uconnect specialists
- Features state-of-the-art safety technologies such as Forward Collision Warning and Rear Cross Path detection
January 14, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. – Jeep® Grand Cherokee SRT owners have come to expect – and appreciate – a vehicle that is powerful and refined, luxurious and functional, muscular and stylish. For 2014, Grand Cherokee SRT checks all of those boxes – while also delivering unexpected delights.
Auto Press Release Source : Chrysler[Jeep]