The most awaited debut of all new 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray is going to make a good impact in the segment of Sports Car with redefined performance. Today Chevrolet with Corvette Stingray has target a new segment of modern customers in Detroit, by providing a great equilibrium of design, performance and technology. In the engine configuration, the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray is powered with an all-new LT1 6.2 Litre V-8 Small Block Engine which is capable of generating an estimated horsepower of 450[i.e. 335 kilo-Watts] and an estimated max torque of 335 lb.-ft.[i.e. 610 Nm] at 1,000 to 4,000 rpm. The engine is built with the capability of more fuel efficiency using Active Fuel Management feature and also given a improved performance characteristic by direct injection variable valve timing technology to the engine. The LT1 Engine is combine with either a 6-speed paddle-shift automatic transmission or exclusive TREMEC TR6070 7-speed manual transmission with Active Rev Matching. Optimized configuration of Active Fuel Management with the 6-speed Hydra-Matic 6L80 paddle-shift automatic transmission. The new Chevrolet Corvette Stingway will compete with other Sports Car specialist the Porsche 911 Carrera or Audi R8. Incorporating the enhanced driving dynamics equipment and features in the Chevrolet Corvette Stingray, makes it class-leading Sportscar of the segment by performance characteristics like better response using Electronic Throttle Control feature, traction control for specific driving condition , a top off-the-line acceleration using Launch control, automatic transmission using Paddle-shift feature, active control of vehicle handling using StabiliTrak stability control, various modes of Gauge configuration consists of eco, weather and tour modes, track mode and sports mode, shock proof drive using Magnetic Ride Control feature, electronic controlled exhaust system as per the drive mode, to make good balance between power and stability, the Electronic limited-slip differential for different road and whether condition, track and sports performance modes using Performance Traction Management, different driving condition Steering Assist feature, power and eco mode using Active Fuel Management feature.
Two 8-inch color display screens for displaying performance and customized information details and a center-console screen also have the touch-screen capability, featuring gesture recognition and a USB charging/upload device. It also features advanced infotainment system from Chevrolet MyLink, premium 10-speaker audio system, high-definition radio with enhanced OnStar with 3D navigation maps and audio input jack with SD card slot.
The Aerodynamic design mated with the sports power of Sports DNA of the Corvette, makes its efficient too. The unique style daytime driving lights with frosted light-emitting diode, the removable roof panel with Carbon fiber hood is balancing the front/rear. Signature lighting includes distinctive frosted light-emitting diode daytime driving lights, high-intensity discharge headlamps and indirect-LED tail-lamps More exterior features include new grille/radiator arrangement and hood vents, brake-cooling ducts, a unique rear spoiler and additional air deflectors for enhanced track capability.
By using advanced material in the body parts like the hood and roof panels with a combination of traditional composite material and carbon fiber, doors, rear quarter panels and fenders with lighter sheet molded elements, to creatively assist in the overall body weight by 37 pounds[17 kilograms] as compared to the previously used body structure. On the other hand, to make Stingray more strong, rigid and in the same time lighter to provide greater safety and efficiency, the technically advanced base of all new aluminum frame structure has been provided which is 57% stiffer and astonishingly 99 pounds[i.e. 45 kilograms] lighter. The frame top strength and lower weight are made possible using chassis elements with hollow-cast aluminum front and rear cradles to make it almost 25% lighter and 20% stiffer as compared to the previously used solid cradles previous structure. The lightweight body is making the ideal weight balance of 50/50. To increase the airflow, the dual mode active exhaust system provides 27% increment. The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray will go for sale after the second half of 2013. Photos of 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
Videos of 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Preliminary Specifications (as per the given below press release)Overview
|Model:||2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray|
|Body styles / driveline:||2-door hatchback coupe with removable roof panel; rear-wheel drive|
|Construction:||composite and carbon-fiber body panels, hydroformed aluminum frame with aluminum and magnesium structural and chassis components|
|Manufacturing location:||Bowling Green, Ky.|
|LT1 6.2L V-8|
|Displacement (cu in / cc):||376 / 6162|
|Bore & stroke (in / mm):||4.06 x 3.62 / 103.25 x 92|
|Block material:||cast aluminum|
|Cylinder head material:||cast aluminum|
|Valvetrain:||overhead valve, two valves per cylinder|
|Fuel delivery:||direct injection|
|Horsepower / kW:||450 / 335 (est.)|
|Torque (lb-ft / Nm):||450 / 610 (est.)|
|Type:||seven-speed manual with Active Rev Match||six-speed paddle-shift automatic|
|Front:||short/long arm ( SLA) double wishbone, cast aluminum upper and lower control arms, transverse-mounted composite spring, monotube shock absorber|
|Rear:||short/long arm ( SLA) double wishbone, cast aluminum upper and lower control arms, transverse-mounted composite spring, monotube shock absorber|
|Active handling:||Magnetic Selective Ride Control (avail. with Z51)|
|Traction control:||StabiliTrak, electronic stability control|
|Type:||front and rear power-assisted discs with four-piston fixed front and rear calipers (slotted rotors with Z51)|
|Rotor diameter (in / mm):||front: 12.6 / 320 (13.6 / 345 with Z51) rear: 13.3 / 338|
|Wheel size:||front: 18-inch x 8.5-inch (Stingray) front: 19-inch x 8.5-inch (with Z51) rear: 19-inch x 10-inch (Stingray) rear: 20-inch x 10-inch (with Z51)|
|Tires:||Michelin Pilot Super Sport run-flat front: P245/40R18 (Stingray) front: P245/35R19(with Z51) rear: P285/35R19 (Stingray) rear: P285/30R20(with Z51)|
|Wheelbase (in / mm):||106.7 / 2710|
|Overall length (in / mm):||177 / 4495|
|Overall width (in / mm):||73.9 / 1877|
|Overall height (in / mm):||48.6 / 1235|
|Weight distribution (% front / rear):||50 / 50|
2013-01-13DETROIT – Chevrolet is redefining modern performance with today’s debut of the all-new Corvette Stingray. And only a Corvette with the perfect balance of technology, design and performance can wear the iconic Stingray designation. The 2014 Corvette Stingray is the most powerful standard model ever, with an estimated 450 horsepower (335 kW) and 450 lb.-ft. of torque (610 Nm). It is also the most capable standard model ever, able to accelerate from 0-60 in less than four seconds and achieve more than 1g in cornering grip. It is expected to be the most fuel-efficient Corvette, exceeding the EPA-estimated 26 mpg of the current model. “Like the ’63 Sting Ray, the best Corvettes embodied performance leadership, delivering cutting-edge technologies, breathtaking design and awe-inspiring driving experiences,” said General Motors North America President Mark Reuss. “The all-new Corvette goes farther than ever, thanks to today’s advancements in design, technology and engineering.” The all-new Corvette Stingray shares only two parts with the previous generation Corvette. It incorporates an all-new frame structure and chassis, a new powertrain and supporting technologies, as well as completely new exterior and interior designs. Highlights include:
- An interior that includes real carbon fiber, aluminum and hand-wrapped leather materials, two new seat choices – each featuring a lightweight magnesium frame for exceptional support – and dual eight-inch configurable driver/infotainment screens
- Advanced driver technologies, including a five-position Drive Mode Selector that tailors 12 vehicle attributes to the fit the driver’s environment and a new seven-speed manual transmission with Active Rev Matching that anticipates gear selections and matches engine speed for perfect shifts every time
- An all-new 6.2L LT1 V-8 engine combines advanced technologies, including direct injection, Active Fuel Management, continuously variable valve timing and an advanced combustion system that delivers more power while using less fuel
- Lightweight materials, including a carbon fiber hood and removable roof panel; composite fenders, doors and rear quarter panels; carbon-nano composite underbody panels and a new aluminum frame help shift weight rearward for an optimal 50/50 weight balance that supports a world-class power-to-weight ratio
- A sculptured exterior features advanced high-intensity discharge and light-emitting diode lighting and racing-proven aerodynamics that balance low drag for efficiency and performance elements for improved stability and track capability
- Track-capable Z51 Performance Package including: an electronic limited-slip differential, dry-sump oiling system, integral brake, differential and transmission cooling, as well as a unique aero package that further improves high-speed stability.
- Premium materials including genuine aluminum and available carbon fiber trim
- More connected driving experience through the smaller-diameter steering wheel and two new seat choices
- Advanced technologies including standard dual, high-resolution information screens and available color head-up display.
- Driver Mode Selector optimizes 12 vehicle attributes
- Configurable screens and head-up display can be tailored to the driver’s preference
- Central touch screen uses gesture-recognition technology.
- Gauge cluster configuration: The Tour, Eco and Weather modes feature displays for trip data, audio and navigation; Sport mode shows classic, easy-to-read sports car gauges; and Track mode’s configuration shows a gauge design based on the Corvette Racing C6.R race car display with lap timer
- ETC (Electronic Throttle Control): Adjusts the throttle input curve for the selected mode for improved responsiveness
- Paddle-shift automatic transmission: Adjusts shift comfort and shift points
- Active Fuel Management: in normal mode, the LT1 engine uses V-8 power during acceleration and V-4 power when coasting; in Eco mode the engine remains in V-4 mode to improve fuel economy until aggressive acceleration is needed
- Exhaust (active exhaust system): The system adjusts the timing of the electronically controlled exhaust valves to enhance audible feedback from the V-8 depending on the drive mode
- Electronic limited-slip differential (Z51): Adjusts the rate at which the limited slip engages, to balance between steering response and stability in different driving conditions; more aggressive performance in Sport and Track modes
- Steering: Assist effort is adjusted in the modes to provide the driver with the correct steering feel for the driving condition
- Magnetic Ride Control: Adjusts shock damping based on road conditions, from optimized comfort to performance driving
- Launch control: Available in Sport and Track modes for manual and automatic transmissions, providing maximum off-the-line acceleration
- Active handling (StabiliTrak stability control): A “competitive” setting is available in Sport and Track modes and is more suited for on-track conditions. It can also be disabled, giving the driver complete control
- Traction control: Weather mode tailors traction control and engine torque for driving in inclement conditions
- Performance Traction Management: Available in the Sport and Track modes and offers five settings of torque reduction and brake intervention for track driving.
- Aerodynamic design integrates strategies from Corvette racing
- Signature lighting includes distinctive frosted light-emitting diode daytime driving lights, high-intensity discharge headlamps and indirect-LED taillamps
- Carbon fiber hood and removable roof panel enhance front/rear weight balance
- All models have a new grille/radiator arrangement and hood vents. Venting air out of the hood reduces total front-end lift for improved steering response at high speeds
- The front fender side coves also help vent underhood air pressure to reduce aerodynamic drag
- Models with the automatic transmission or Z51 Performance Package feature a functional vent on driver’s left side directing air over a heat exchanger for the transmission fluid and a similar arrangement on the passenger side that directs air
- over a heat exchanger for the electronic limited slip differential
- Airflow through the differential and transmission heat exchangers exit through the aircraft-inspired taillamp vents and lower-rear fascia air outlets
- The Z51 Performance Package also includes brake-cooling ducts, a unique rear spoiler and additional air deflectors for enhanced track capability.
- New aluminum frame structure is 57-percent stiffer and 99 pounds (45 kg) lighter than the current steel frame
- Innovative use of composite materials, including carbon fiber the hood and roof panels, lightweight Sheet Molded Compound for the fenders, doors and rear quarter panels, and carbon-nano composite for the underbody panels help reduce the weight of the body by a 37 pounds (17 kg)
- New LT1 V-8 uses advanced technologies to produce more power with less fuel and is paired with an industry-exclusive seven-speed manual transmission with Active Rev Matching for more precise up and down shifts.
- Third-generation Magnetic Ride Control for greater comfort and control
- Electric power steering system tailors steering response and feel
- Electronic limited-slip differential delivers optimal traction
- Mode 1 is the default setting for normal driving and emphasizes vehicle stability
- Mode 2 is engaged when electronic stability control is turned off in the Sport or Track Driver Modes. This calibration enables more nimble turn-in and traction while accelerating out of a corner
- Mode 3 is automatically selected when Performance Traction Management is engaged. This calibration has the same function as Mode 2, but is fine-tuned to work with Performance Traction Management.
- 12.6-inch (320 mm) front rotors and 13.3-inch (338 mm) rear rotors are standard and have 35 percent more swept area than previous-generation brakes. Consequently stopping distance is improved 9 percent
- Dual-cast, slotted 13.6-inch (345 mm) front rotors and 13.3-inch (338 mm) slotted rear rotors are included with Z51 Performance Package. They have 6percent more swept area than the previous-generation Grand Sport and are cooled front and rear for improved track capability. Consequently stopping distance is improved 5 percent
- All brake packages have fixed front and rear calipers are stiffer for more even pad wear, reduced drag and improved modulation.