The famous Italian Automaker Alfa Romeo, is all set to premiere the new 2014 Alfa Romeo 4C, featuring the segment of super compact 2-seater with rear-wheel drive, at the Geneva Motor Show starting from March, 5th 2013. The inspired exterior layout, flash back from the Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale car, following the strong traditional values with the overall advanced mechanical and technological enhancement in the new 2014 Alfa Romeo 4C, to deliver the compactness, dynamism and agility in it. The new Alfa Romeo 4C as 2-seater with super compactness, will create a new segment of competition. It has a length, just less than 4 meters, width of 200 centimeters and a height of 118 centimeters. With agility, the 4C has given an absolute aerodynamic efficiency by the expert designers, to make it more stable at higher speeds. While in the interior, the friendliness in the design and interior-elements is created to deliver the comfortable driving experience with enhanced technological support. The new 4 cylinder 1,750 CC Turbo Petrol Engine used by the Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde version, is capable of producing a output of 235 hp[173 kilo-Watts], while a torque of 340 at 1900 rpm and is engineered with direct injection, dual continuous VVT[variable valve timing], and an unmatched control system known as ‘scavenging’, to remove the ‘turbo lag’. Also featuring the new advanced aluminum crankcase with sporty exhaust system and an innovative chassis structure made entirely of carbon load-bearing. While, the 1750 Turbo Diesel Engine is a combination of unmatched Alfa TCT automatic transmission with dual dry clutch. The provision of shift paddles situated behind the steering wheel for make automatic transmission to be operated in batch mode.
The 2014 Alfa Romeo 4C will come with an all-new and advanced “Race” drive mode setting, adding one more to the already available 3 drive modes – Dynamic, Natural and All Weather modes, making the new 4C to sprint really fast on the track. The 2014 production version of Alfa Romeo 4C will have the best technology from two big brands – Alfa Romeo and Maserati, where we will see the best combination from the Alfa Romeo design and the Maserati production.
Auto Press Release 2013
February 12, 2013World premiere: Alfa Romeo 4C
- Debuts in Geneva the new super compact Alfa Romeo to ‘2 seater ‘rear-wheel drive and engine in central position.
- Born from the experience acquired through the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione and produced in the factory Maserati of Modena, the new Alfa Romeo 4C will go on sale in 2013 and will mark the return of the Italian brand in the United States.
- Less than 4 meters wide, 200 cm, 118 cm high and has a wheelbase of less than 2.4 meters.
- New ‘4 cylinder ‘1750 Turbo Petrol entirely of aluminum.
- Automatic dual clutch Alfa TCT.
- New Alfa DNA selector mode with ‘Race’.
- Chassis made entirely of carbon load-bearing and structural.
- Power / weight ratio: less than 4 kg / hp.