Good morning! That is the tech information you’ll want to know this Wednesday.
- The Senate Commerce Committee is demanding solutions from Google CEO Sundar Pichai in regards to the firm’s failure to reveal a microphone inside Nest residence safety gadgets. The committee is asking Google to offer written solutions to 6 questions in regards to the initially undisclosed microphone by March 12 and provides an in-person briefing on the matter by March 29.
- The Federal Commerce Fee introduced a brand new process power which can take a look at antitrust conduct within the expertise market. It is the primary main transfer by the FTC to deal with rising public concern over the scale of tech firms like Fb, Google, and Amazon.
- It regarded like Apple Music was coming to Google House audio system, however Google says it was solely a glitch. On Monday night, MacRumors found that customers had been in a position to join Apple Music with their Google House good audio system, however in response to a Bloomberg report on Tuesday, a Google spokesperson mentioned it was only a software program bug.
- Huawei took a swipe on the US, saying it has “no proof, nothing,” of Chinese language spying. Talking on the Cellular World Congress, Huawei’s chairman Guo Ping mentioned Huawei had by no means planted backdoors in its tools and wouldn’t enable third events to meddle with its package.
- US officers referred to as Huawei “duplicitous and deceitful” simply because the Chinese language agency was making its large 5G pitch. Prime US cyber official Robert Strayer mentioned the US authorities calls on its allies to not belief Chinese language companies whereas shopping for tools for upcoming 5G networks because of spying fears.
- Fb lastly plans to launch its “clear historical past” privateness characteristic in 2019. CFO Dave Wehner talked about it at a convention on Tuesday and warned that it may injury Fb’s capability to focus on customers with adverts.
- The tech trade is begging the Supreme Courtroom to overturn Oracle’s lawsuit towards Google. Dozens of briefs have been filed begging the Supreme Courtroom to weigh in on Oracle’s long-standing lawsuit towards Google — and discover in Google’s favor.
- Battery firm Energizer and French telecoms firm Avenir have made an enormous smartphone with an enormous 18,000mAh battery. The large battery means you possibly can discuss on the telephone for three days straight on a single cost.
- Sources instructed the Washington Publish that the US army interrupted an notorious Russian troll farm’s web entry in the course of the 2018 midterm elections. It focused the Web Analysis Company (IRA) in St. Petersburg, basically taking the troll farm offline.
- NASA says SpaceX might launch a brand new spaceship for the company on Saturday in an “completely vital” check to assist present Elon Musk’s firm can safely fly astronauts. The experimental launch, which can carry solely a dummy and a few cargo, is scheduled to happen on March 2 at 2:48 a.m. ET.
Have an Amazon Alexa gadget? Now you possibly can hear 10 Issues in Tech every morning. Simply seek for “Enterprise Insider” in your Alexa’s flash briefing settings.
Be a part of the dialog about this story »
NOW WATCH: The wives of high-level cocaine traffickers reveal how their husbands took down ‘El Chapo’