Good morning! That is the tech information it’s essential know this Tuesday.
- The SEC stated Elon Musk violated his settlement and requested a decide to carry him in contempt of court docket. In a tweet final week, Musk stated Tesla would produce 500,000 automobiles this yr. He later corrected himself and stated it will make solely about 400,000, Beneath the settlement, Tesla is meant to preapprove all of his communications with shareholders that embody “materials” details about the corporate.
- Fb’s content material moderators are paid extremely low wages, and reportedly flip to pot and workplace intercourse to deal with what they see. “This job is inhumane with extraordinarily low wages,” one supply instructed Enterprise Insider.
- Invoice Gates says he is paid $10 billion in taxes and thinks wealthy individuals like himself ought to pay extra. Gates advocates rising taxes in two methods that may goal the wealthiest people and keep away from strategies that put extra stress on the poor.
- Invoice Gates gave warning to anti-vaxxers, saying individuals in wealthy nations will die as a result of they don’t seem to be getting measles photographs. “It’s shocking to see how within the richer nations the consensus that youngsters must be protected has been misplaced,” Gates stated in a Reddit AMA on Monday.
- Samsung gave us probably the most intimate look but at its new foldable cellphone in an eerily silent Four-minute video. Samsung launched the Galaxy Fold final week, however on Sunday was arguably upstaged by Huawei who unveiled its 5G foldable smartphone the Mate X.
- LG’s new smartphone unlocks by recognizing the veins in your palms. The characteristic is a little bit awkward to make use of, but it surely might make it simpler to unlock the cellphone whereas it is resting on a desk.
- A pilot for one in all Amazon Air’s contract airways stated the corporate overworks its pilots. An Amazon Air flight crashed and killed all three of its occupants on Saturday.
- Regardless of inside uproar, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella says the corporate shouldn’t be cancelling its contract with the US Military. Final week, greater than 50 Microsoft workers launched a letter to Nadella demanding that the corporate pull out of a $749 million contract with the US Military to offer HoloLens augmented-reality tech for troopers.
- A bipartisan group of senators need the Trump administration to deal one other blow to Chinese language tech large Huawei. The group of senators beneficial the Departments of Homeland Safety and Power enact a ban on utilizing Huawei merchandise within the US vitality infrastructure.
- Google’s new messaging app now has a characteristic that may inform what you are texting about and routinely counsel useful data, however Google says it isn’t studying your texts to do it. On Monday, Google introduced that “over the approaching months,” Google Assistant integration is coming to the corporate’s latest text-messaging app, Android Messages.
Have an Amazon Alexa gadget? Now you possibly can hear 10 Issues in Tech every morning. Simply seek for “Enterprise Insider” in your Alexa’s flash briefing settings.
Be a part of the dialog about this story »
NOW WATCH: Sea cucumbers are so worthwhile that individuals are risking their lives diving for them